What can you expect as a member?
Singing with Phoenix Women's Chorus is a year-long commitment. We ask that you consider the following as you make your decision to join our Sisterhood in Song.
Phoenix Women’s Chorus is a non-auditioned choir and welcomes all LGBTQA, allied, and gender-neutral singers who can consistently match and sustain pitch. Non-singing members are also encouraged to join.
- The membership period/concert season begins in August and runs for one year. Our fall concert takes place in November and our spring concert in May. Members are asked to commit to all concert performances.
- Donations for singing and non-singing members are $200 per season. New singing members also have a $25 music fee (usually only a one-time fee barring loss or damage), one-time $10 wardrobe fee, and a $20 logo t-shirt for a total of $255. Alumnae and members on sabbatical are also invited to financially support the Chorus. (No one is turned away for lack of ability to pay.)
- To ensure the continued success of this 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, all members are expected to sell/distribute tickets and support all fundraising efforts.
- Rehearsals occur every Tuesday and on select Thursdays from 6:45 pm to 9:15 pm. We rent rehearsal space at Faith Lutheran Church which is located at 801 East Camelback Road in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Consistent attendance is required to create a reliable environment to learn music, develop nuances, and refine our sound. Attendance is taken at each rehearsal. In addition to regular rehearsals, each concert preparation period has a minimum of three additional mandatory rehearsals.
- In order to present ourselves as a unified group, we do have specific attire requirements for both formal and less formal performances.
- Out of respect for those with allergies, chemical sensitivities, and other breathing challenges, we maintain a scent-free environment for all rehearsals and performances: no colognes, perfumes or fragrant personal products.
Complete details are in the Phoenix Women’s Chorus Member Handbook.